- Nationally Recognized Professional Trainer Christine Stokely
Based and built on the dreams of a horse crazy kid, Christine is the trainer and instructor with a well balanced resume and years of experience in numerous phases of the industry.Growing up in a suburb of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Christine had exposure to horses and learned to ride at age 8. Like all horse crazy girls carrying the “whinny” gene, she consumed her dreams and waking hours, trying to fill that void only the smell of straw and leather seem to satisfy. Each summer morning she found her way to a nearby stable, cleaning stalls, and grooming horses so she could lesson and ride. Undeterred by the fact her parents were financially limited and owning a horse was not an option. Christine worked her way to ride and take lessons by cleaning stalls, grooming, and the occasional “training/jockey” ride when it was needed. Blinded by her love, she would climb on any horse regardless of the problems it might have gave her valuable experience to this day. Having the chance to work with well known trainers in the Midwest (some of which were Olympic hopefuls) hunt seat is her first language and passion.Working toward a career in veterinarian medicine, Christine worked her way through college on breeding farms, managing and assisting in the daily operations. She helped train horses for the race track as a pony girl while re-training retired race horses for the jumping arena. Perplexed by difficulties in the retaining process she sought to find answers and was introduced to the riding form dressage. Immersing herself in this other world, she sought teaching and training from some of the top trainers in Europe and grand prix riders in the US. With these fundamentals, she brings to this area a wealth of information for the horse and rider.
- Christine & David Stokely
- Christine & David Stokely with their two sons Thomas and Jonathan
- Specializing in her training today in mostly Hunter-Jumper and basic Dressage instruction, Christine has a loyal following of clients who have literally grown up in the saddle at her barn. Her philosophy is a basic one, patient instruction, enjoyable experiences in a safe, professional environment.
- (L-R) Chris hanging out in the arena; Chris and Cong. Roy Blunt; Chris doing what she loves!